[vorbis-dev] Decompression error with two streams.

Lars Brubaker lbb at reflexive.net
Thu Feb 22 11:00:24 PST 2001

I reported this earlier and just want to state that it is still happening
in beta 4 as of 2-20-01.  I'm decompressing two streamed sounds (there are
two vorbis files open at the same time, I used ov_open_callbacks to open
both files) and the second is getting a high pitched 1/2 second error in
it every 4-5 minutes.  This has been happening since beta 3 for me.
However, there is a slight change in the behavior with beta 4, it seems to
be happening less often (used to be about every 2 minuets) and at least 1/2
the time the sound is silence rather than a high pitched squeal.

* This only happens on the second streaming sound.
* This only happens when playing two sounds.
* Vorbis reports no errors during playback (the ov_read call is always
  reporting a good read).
* I have verified that the read is never being called reentrantly.

If anyone knows how this could be happening it would be unbelievably
appreciated.

Lars.