[vorbis-dev] Problem with seek functions,

Matthijs creepingdeathnl at metallica.com
Wed Feb 14 06:14:18 PST 2001

On Mon, 12 February 2001, OmegaDan wrote:

[snip code]

Hmm, weird.. that does work for me. I only had the trouble that ov_time_tell returned negative infinity
after a ov_time_seek to 0 secs. This is my code:

function TMainForm.ReadBuf(Buffer: PChar; Size: Longword; var Time: Single): Longword;
var BytesRead, Change: Longword;
begin
  BytesRead := 0;

  Time := ov_time_tell(vf^);

  if Time < 0 then  // check against NAN, -INF
    Time := 0;

  repeat
    Change := ov_read(vf^, @Buffer[BytesRead], Size - BytesRead, 0, 2, 1, StreamNumber);
    BytesRead := BytesRead + Change;
  until (Change = 0) or (BytesRead = Size);

  Result := BytesRead;
end;

Windows 98/MSVC++6-Dynamic/Borland Delphi 5.

Matthijs

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)