[vorbis-dev] Occasional noise while decompressing.

Lars Brubaker LarsBB at reflexive.net
Wed Feb 7 09:35:24 PST 2001

Has anyone else heard this?

I'm decompressing audio into one or more playing ring buffers using the
vorbisfile.dll.  Very rarely (maybe once every 20 to 30 minutes) I get a
small hiss or warble in the middle of a streaming sound.  This only seems to
be happening when I am streaming two or more sounds at a time and as far as
I can tell only on the second one.  The strange thing is that it does not
sound like the previous data in the ring buffer.  It has a distinct hiss or
warble, sometimes one, sometime the other.  The hiss just sounds like white
noise, the warble sounds like the audio that should be there but interleaved
with either the previous sound or itself.  This happened with beta 3 and
with two different nightly CVS gets, one about a month ago the other about a
week ago.

Hope this turns a light on for someone.

Lars.