[vorbis-dev] Integer wavelet video codec (source and test program)

Martin C. Martin martin at metahuman.org
Wed Feb 7 06:40:05 PST 2001

Hmm, that's not the formula I'm familiar with.  YUV comes to us from
color television.  When color was introduced, everyone still had black
and white TVs, so it had to be backwards compatible.  Therefore, they
ued the following formula:

.299 r + .587 g + .114 b

That more or less corresponds to the sensitivity of our eyes.

I don't have the formulas for U and V here, I could look them up if
you really need them.

- Martin