[vorbis-dev] Nonportable use of strdup()

Sam Lantinga slouken at devolution.com
Tue Dec 18 08:23:48 PST 2001

Hey, I ran across this while building vorbis on the Mac:
In libvorbis RC2, file info.c, line 65, there's a call to strdup().
strdup() isn't portable, and it looks like the code should use the
internal memory functions to create the memory for the string anyway.

Actually, on further inspection, it looks like the memory for the
user comments is never actually freed.

I'm not subscribed to the list, so please CC me if you reply.

Thanks! :)