[vorbis-dev] time zone issues

Kenji Rikitake kenji at k2r.org
Sun Aug 26 17:38:47 PDT 2001

In the message <3b896cee.39c.0 at idsonline.com>
at Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 05:40:40PM -0400,
Marshall Eubanks <tme at 21rst-century.com> writes:
> You mean leap seconds, not leap years.

You are right.  Excuse me for such a silly mistake.

I accept human-readable things to be represented in UTC, but if you
really have to make an 'absolute' time comparison you need to deal with
TAI.  This means you have to have a leap second table as a part of the
OS locale database and treat UTC and other local time zones as locales.
That's how the things are implemented in *BSD for dealing with the leap
seconds.  Actually, my machines are running in TAI, while using UTC and
the local time for the all application locales.

// Kenji Rikitake