[vorbis-dev] Makefile.am patch

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at lsc.nd.edu
Wed Aug 22 20:22:56 PDT 2001

BTW, here's 4 patches to fix the Makefile.am/no-dependencies problem (one
for ao, ogg, vorbis, and vorbis-tools).  :-)

-----

After applying these patches, I could compile with the sun Forte
compilers.  Got some minor warnings in the vorbis-tools packages (this is
all at the CVS HEAD):

1. Some minor type warnings in oggenc/utf8.c.  It seemed to be just
(char*) vs. (unsigned char*) issues, and I'm assuming that there was a
reason that (unsigned char*) was used.  So I added casts, and they seemed
to do the right things.  Someone please check...  Patch attached:
oggenc.patch.

2. Some type warnings in ogg123; this one is new to me:

"buffer.c", line 64: warning: assignment type mismatch:
        volatile pointer to struct chunk_s {long len, array[4096] of char
data} "=" pointer to volatile struct chunk_s {long len, array[4096] of
char data}

3. More (char*) vs. (unsigned char*) issues in vcut.  Simlar to #1,
someone please check, but suggested patch attached (vcut.diff).

Thanks.

{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} squyres at cse.nd.edu
{+} Perpetual Obsessive Notre Dame Student Craving Utter Madness
{+} "I came to ND for 4 years and ended up staying for a decade"

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>TEXT/PLAIN attachment: ao.diff
</UL>