[vorbis-dev] configure error

burlingtonj burlingtonj at softhome.net
Mon Aug 13 03:41:01 PDT 2001

** Reply to message from Lourens Veen <jsr at dds.nl> on Mon, 13 Aug 2001 12:28:42
+0200

Hello,

> burlingtonj wrote:

> Either way, installing the devel rpm's and then installing from the tgz
> source should work fine, I'd advise you to try that first.
Yes I did that, it worked fine. I asked for the src.rpms when I want to
install more complex packages in future. Rpms are easier to deinstall or
to update (sometimes ;).

But for the few files that come with the vorbis-tools packages it makes
no difference, they can be easily deinstalled or updated later 'by hand'.

oggenc & co. run fine now.

Thanks a lot Lourens.