[vorbis-dev] configure error

Lourens Veen jsr at dds.nl
Mon Aug 13 03:28:42 PDT 2001

burlingtonj wrote:

[snip]
> Another question:
> Can I install the vorbis-tools out of the src.rpm package ?
> How do I do that, what rpm commands do I need ?
> Or is a src.rpm the same as a tgz with sources that I had to
> compile and install it with configure, make, make install
> by hand ?

Hmm, well I run Slackware so I don't use RPM. I think that the src.rpm
package can be installed as an ordinary rpm, with the exception that it
doesn't contain binaries. Instead, it contains the source which is
automatically compiled and installed at rpm install time. However, I'm
not sure.

Either way, installing the devel rpm's and then installing from the tgz
source should work fine, I'd advise you to try that first.

Lourens