[vorbis-dev] oggenc -n legal filename issue

Simon Hosie simon.hosie at clear.net.nz
Fri Aug 10 21:10:00 PDT 2001

On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 04:20:48PM +1000, Michael Smith wrote:
> I'm not sure what to do about the -n stuff - my experience so far is that
> almost nobody uses it, so I didn't worry too much about it.

I use it all the time.  The files have to get sensible names at some stage,
so it may as well be done without my involvement.  The only problem I see
with it is the nuisance characters that you don't want in filenames but do
want in comment fields.

> Configurable transforms with sane defaults (e.g. on windows, you need to
> get rid of most non alphanumeric characters. On unix, you should only ever
> get rid of /) would be fine, if you want to code it.

Try this, it's configurable but has no defaults.  I don't know if I think
much of the way I wedged it in, or the way I documented it, but it does
something, all the same.

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>text/plain attachment: oggenc-fn_filt.diff
</UL>