[vorbis-dev] configure error

burlingtonj burlingtonj at softhome.net
Mon Aug 13 03:03:20 PDT 2001

** Reply to message from Lourens Veen <jsr at dds.nl> on Mon, 13 Aug 2001 11:19:44
+0200

Hello,

> Hi,
>
> Well, it seems that configure can't find Ogg. It's looking for but can't
> find /include/ogg/ogg.h. You have to install libao first, then ogg, then
> vorbis, then vorbis-tools. If you do have Ogg installed, you should tell
> configure where it is with the --with-ogg-include option (I hope, I
> haven't checked to be honest. But do a configure --help if it doesn't
> work).
Some forewords:
The vorbis-tools.rpm I can't install because it needs glibc 2.2. My system
(Mandrake 7.2) has only glibc 2.1.*.
Normally I prefer rpms but here is no way to get around to compile vorbis-
tools from .tgz, therefore I tried the .tgz. If theres a way to get a rpm
of vorbis-tools which supports glibc2.1.* then let me know.

Ok to the problem with configure:
Now I have checked where the ogg.h is, there is none on my system. I viewed
into the libao|libogg|libvorbis.rpms and none of it contains such a header file.
I tried a file serch for ogg.h there is none on my system.

With which package comes the ogg.h ?

I have installed:
 libvorbis as rpm from the vorbis site
 libao as rpm from the vorbis site