[vorbis-dev] Ogg Vorbis compatible with Darwin Streaming Server?

Kevin Marks kmarks at apple.com
Mon Apr 2 21:55:15 PDT 2001

At 12:12 pm +0200 31/3/01, Markus Teschner wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I saw the documentation "RTP Payload Format for Vorbis Encoded Audio".
>
>My question: The Darwin Streaming Server (OpenSource and free for
>several plattforms) streams media with RTSP/RTP.
>For more information:
>http://www.publicsource.apple.com/projects/streaming/
>
>I know that a QuickTime Component of Ogg Vorbis
>(compressor/decompressor) in progress. (Thanks guys) Could I stream
>Ogg Vorbis with Darwin Streaming Server?

Yes - but see below.

>Is a Packetizer and Reassembler available (under develope)?

You'd need these first, as Darwin use hint tracks to send media, but
it needs a packetizer to construct the hint tracks.
You need a reassembler to turn them back into media (iF you are using
QT to play back.

With an QT movie importer and a vorbis decompressor, you could stream
vorbis using QT packing, as this will pack any compressor.