[vorbis-dev] Metadata streams

Aaron Plattner aaronp at crosswinds.net
Wed Apr 11 13:47:48 PDT 2001

Do you guys have any kind of spec written?  I was thinking about it, and it
would seem to me that there should be some sort of description (possibly XML) of
the physical bitstream as a whole, as well as a metadata description of each
stream.  Specifically, I was thinking that it'd be good to have the metadata
packets between logical streams, but this appears to be prohibited by the Ogg
spec (why is this?).  The other solution I can think of is to have short
mini-metadata-streams between data streams.  I'm interested in getting this
working, so I'd like to make sure I'm not doing it wrong.  Also, it'd be a good
idea to determine how these metadata streams will work so that players written
now can ignore them correctly in the future (libvorbisfile as written gets
confused when a stream isn't ENTIRELY Vorbis).

Aaron Plattner

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>