[vorbis-dev] Possible memory leak / xmms input plugin

Guillaume Cottenceau gc at mandrakesoft.com
Sun Sep 24 12:42:51 PDT 2000

Hi list,

It seems that when playing several OggVorbis files under xmms, there is a
memory leak. It's a rather annoying problem because when you have a
playlist of 100+ files, xmms will at the end eat something like 100M or
more..

Such a memory leak have been reported inside xmms-1.2.2 code and I could
see it playing Ogg files and mp3 files ; upgrading to 1.2.3 solves the
problem with mp3 files but still the leak playing ogg files is here. I
shortly tried to play the files with ogg123, and here it seems that there
is no memory leak, which is strange :-(.

Anyway, if anyone have information I should be glad to hear it. I'm going
to investigate but I have little knowledge of OggVorbis code..

--
Guillaume Cottenceau -- Distribution Developer for MandrakeSoft
http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/