[vorbis-dev] .vqd example?

Erik Kruus kruus at on2.com
Thu Sep 21 12:11:06 PDT 2000

Hi, I'm trying to build an lsp codebook to learn about the
process, and I'm afraid that the vq hints
  http://www.xiph.org/archives/vorbis-dev/0000.html
talk rather about residual training.

So I can now produce .vqi files and add to them with lspvqtrain,
but can anyone supply hints for the rest of the procedure?
 vqbuild will only produce a "cloud"-type quantlist, and
sequencep is pretty much ignored.
 But if you use it anyway, you can go by hand through the xxx.vqh
file and guesstimate enough to make a bogus .vql file.
 Then I ran latticebuild to get a first try .vqh file
 Any comments about what's allowed and how to choose addmul?
 Then I tried latticetune .vqh-file .vqd-file
 ohoh tha name had to be precisely latticetune (or restune?)
 ok I tried restune to read multiple cols. from lsp0coeff_0.vqd
 still not a big difference. Tried changing values in my .vql
 file.  This made some difference. but I can't figure it out.

How does one choose reasonable value0..valuen on the second input
line to latticebuild?  I would have thought that the lspvqtrain
output (xxx.vqi) had this info in some ready-to-use fashion.

Thanks, Erik.