[vorbis-dev] new oggenc comment tag options

Rudd-O amadorm at usm.edu.ec
Sat Sep 2 09:33:07 PDT 2000

It would be very interesting - if you could.  Remember several CDs are
multi-artist (such as remixes or compilations) and not everyone uses
that format.  How would you deal with album metadata?

My personal music collection follows the convention
/Artist/Album/Songname.xxx  and in case of compilations Artist is
replaced by (Compilations).  Somehow I doubt you can use,for example,
filename metadata to comment Ogg files.  So I think the efforts in
building a parser (which could be done with regexps easily) is
superfluous =(

Any ideas on common filing formats versus comment tags?