[vorbis-dev] ao/

Kenneth Arnold ken at arnoldnet.net
Fri Sep 29 20:23:12 PDT 2000

On Fri, Sep 29, 2000 at 07:38:26PM -0700, Ralph Giles wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, Kenneth Arnold wrote:
>
> > I dived into automake, autoconf, etc. waters a little while ago, and somehow
> > got libao to actually compile (!!!) (sort of...). Still not right, though.
> >
> > The commit looks sorta like this:
> >
> > * make configure.in in coordination with autoheader and automake properly
> >   create config.h. I put it in ao/include/config.h so that the build won't
> >   need an extra include directory, but if anybody thinks that this header
> >   really belongs somewhere else, say so. I know nothing.
>
> Adding AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h) would also have worked; automake takes
> care of adding it to the path. You should do this anyway, with the path,
> if you want to keep it in the includes dir.

That's what I did ;) just with AM_CONFIG_HEADER(include/config.h)

> > * ao/include/ao/ao.h includes os_types.h. Hmmm... somebody should have caught
> >   that earlier.
>
> I'm not sure what's right here. The typedefs in os_types.h are required by
> people calling the library, so we need to export them, but vorbis &c.
> define all the same types.

#ifndef OS_TYPES_H
#define OS_TYPES_H
#endif /* OS_TYPES_H

> > * src/Makefile.am: kludgey made it compile by manually specifying which
> >   modules to compile. Putting in @LIBAO_FILES@ just didn't work, even though
> >   I added the EXTRA_libao_la_SOURCES files. Somebody who knows more please
> >   point out the error(s) in my ways.
> > * src/*.c (not quite yet...) -- #include "audio_out.h" is now
> >   #include <ao/ao.h>
>
> Shouldn't this be "ao/ao.h" since it's the local header and not the
> installed version we want?

Yeah maybe.

> > Kenneth
> > (_finally_ finding a spare moment to work on something I _want_ to work on)
>
> Yay! Welcome back!

I have not neglected video codec stuff. So anybody seen Tarkin anywhere? It
seems a bit lost. Perhaps I should check lost+found.

I have a postponed email to send out to the list (mainly Jelle) when I get
some time to finish it.

Kenneth