[vorbis-dev] Submitting patches for MacOS X

Andy Isaacson adi at pirx.candyland.cx
Mon Sep 11 12:11:08 PDT 2000

On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 12:01:56AM +1200, Michael Beattie wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 06, 2000 at 11:34:13PM -0700, Jack Moffitt wrote:
> > > Unified diffs are the usual desired format. Is there anything significant
> >
> > Ok, I feel a little silly asking this, but I'm sure other people are
> > curious as well.
> >
> > What are the common diff formats?  can you go thourgh a few a show
> > snippets?  What's unified? (i usually just do diff file.a file.b)
>
> most common is unified. (a lot easier to follow for humans)
> (diff -u foo bar)

Some humans (not me, but I know some) prefer context diffs,
diff -c file1 file2.  And older diff programs (UNICOS 10 /bin/diff, for
example) don't always know how to do unified diffs, but everyone knows
context diffs.

There's also the side-by-side diff which is snazzy for visually
comparing files.  Check the man page or info documents for more
information.

-andy