[vorbis-dev] Closed Source Releases (Ekk a LGPL problem)

David Terrell dbt at meat.net
Thu Sep 7 15:20:45 PDT 2000

On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 11:06:32PM +0200, David Burnett wrote:
> Hi every one,
>     I have an unfortunate need to release a closed source BeOS media codec
>  for Vorbis, basically I'm using headers under an NDA so I can't release
> them.
>  (Yeah I know closed source boo hiss).
> So I have a couple of question about what I need to do for all this
> to be above board.

As far as I can tell, that's simply not possible under the GPL.
To meet your qualifications, you'll need to reimplement the vorbis
codec from spec.

What headers do you need that are only available under NDA?  Are you
developing for beta BeOS, BONE, or is there something else involved?

--
David Terrell             | "Any sufficiently advanced technology
Prime Minister, Nebcorp   | is indistinguishable from a rigged demo."