[vorbis-dev] Windows CE support

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Sat Sep 2 19:55:05 PDT 2000

At 02:34 PM 9/2/00 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I just compiled the vorbis lib the first time and everything worked as
>expected under Windows NT 2000. What I missed was a dll implementation of
>the lib. More important to me is to play all my newly created ogg files on
>my Pocket PC. After one minor change I got the lib compiled for Windows CE
>3. Well I was really impressed after all.

Is the minor change something that should be in mainline CVS? We DO want
libvorbis to compile basically without changes on any platforms where we
can make it do so. Writing a dll to wrap libvorbis is pretty easy (I think
people have done it already) - but there are reasons why we don't really
want to do this before vorbis 1.0 (binary compatibility has been broken at
least twice in the last couple of months - having widely distributed dlls
of libvorbis would have made this painful)

>My question is does anybody work already on a player for Windows CE or
>Win32 or is interested to cooperate?

I don't believe anyone is working on a standalone player with win32 - just
on support for most of the popular existing programs. I'll help out with
the libvorbis side of things if you have any troubles, but I'm not
interested in actually helping write a player.

Michael