[vorbis-dev] Ogg VEO Codec, video in an Ogg stream

Sean Wieland windwalker at peacefire.org
Fri Sep 1 13:52:02 PDT 2000

prabu wrote:

> > Well, I never understood the point of all of that extra object crap they
> > threw in the MPEG-4 standard.  I just want what MPEG-1/2 provide for
> > video but with higher quality and at lower bitrates due to better
> > algorithms.
>
> The provision of objects is not for crap. It provides a "connectivity" to
> the MPEG7 platform, where searchable databases are of concern.
>
> Prabu

Oh, yeah, searchable databases.  Now THERE'S a useful feature for a
multimedia standard.  Am I the only person who still views software by
the adage "Every tool has a purpose and every purpose has a tool."?
It's the same problem as how people want their WEB browsers to do so
many unintended tasks that even Ron Popeil can't think of any more.  So
in my opinion, objects are crap.  For me, the only points of concern are
the video stream, the audio stream, and the format into which they're
stored and sync'd.

-Sean

--
 +-----=[export-a-crypto-system-sig RSA-3-lines-PERL]=-----+
 |#!/bin/perl -sp0777i<X+d*lMLa^*lN%0]dsXx++lMlN/dsM0<j]dsj|