[vorbis-dev] Return of the Son of MIME type

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at eazel.com
Fri Oct 27 08:49:55 PDT 2000

Jack Moffitt <jack at icecast.org> writes:

> The first page should have a TOC that says what kinds of streams are
> included within, and probably some way of linking them together.
>
> This is a difficult design decision.  Do not expect this to be complete
> in beta3 :)
>
> I'll try and post a few ideas and usch later today, and we can start
> discussing a SOLUTION.  We now know that there is a PROBLEM.
>
> I'm sorry that it took so long to get this out of the way, and I
> appreciate the persistance of the Nautilus team in bringing this up.

Jack,

Sorry for being a bit pushy about this, and thank you for looking into
a solution! I got the sense from the other developers that they felt
the situation was not in fact a problem. Maybe I was just
misinterpreting though.

One thing I'd like to suggest is that your proposed TOC if any, list
an intended primary purpose for the file in addition to a list of
contained stream types (audio, video, other) to address issues others
have raised about how it might not be possible to tell the purpose of
a file just by looking at the list of stream types.

Thanks for your attention to this,

Maciej