[vorbis-dev] Perl modules

Alex Shinn foof at debian.org
Tue Oct 24 11:53:28 PDT 2000

    Ralph> A couple of comments. Ogg and Vorbis are different
    Ralph> layers. Do you have any plans for a separate interface to
    Ralph> the Ogg functionality?

Yes, that's why the module is Ogg::Vorbis, to leave room for the Ogg
module and Ogg:Foo modules.

    Ralph> Also, it doesn't look like your comment parsing handles
    Ralph> duplicate tags at all. Maybe $oggvorbis->comment{"TAG"}
    Ralph> should be an array reference, or otherwise return a list?
    Ralph> Note also that the tag names are nominally
    Ralph> case-insensitive.

Hmmm... I wonder if it's worth the trouble making a case-insensitive
hash?  Probably easier to just fold all comments going into the hash
and require that people refer to specific tags in all uppercase.

    Ralph> It also warns "invalid comment" on the vender tag in
    Ralph> position zero, but I suspect you know that. :)

Yes, I hadn't quite decided whether to put that in the hash as a
VENDOR comment, or just ignore it and maybe make a separate accessor
function to get the vendor.  Ideas?

--
foof