[vorbis-dev] Re: Macintosh support (again)

Jack Moffitt jack at icecast.org
Fri Oct 6 00:38:06 PDT 2000

> It *is* a little annoying... But it probably just means the project needs
> mac and win32 leaders to make sure those things go smoothly. Lack
> of a win32 dll dsp/makefile is a good example.  What good is LGPL
> if commercial companies can't make use of it?  From a win32 stand
> point at least, libvorbis might as well be GPL.  Not that I'm griping...
> These are minor issues and I'm very grateful just that this codec
> exists and works.

As for a mac leader, Chris is doing great IMO.  Too bad more mac
developers aren't as readily available and helpful as him.

FOr windows, Michael Smith and I usually do this job.  We'll get the new
project files in there for the new build stuff soon.  I just want to do
it right, instead of hacking something together.  I need something I can
replicate across all the libs and I think building DLLs in VC++ is
slightly different that building a static lib, and I really want to do
both.  THat's been my personal stopping point.

THe old stuff built fine.  There's a reason this is in a branch you know
:)

jack.