[vorbis-dev] casting/rounding ASM committed to beta3 branch

Jack Moffitt jack at icecast.org
Thu Oct 19 14:18:27 PDT 2000

> I've got PPC assembly for float to int if you want that... Does clipping
> checking as well.  Let me know if you want that (I don't have it in gas
> format, just inlined into a C file... I could try making it gas-friendly).

Actually, we wrote a float->int with th emultiply and that wasn't any
faster than just the float->int with gcc multiplys.  Commenting out the
clipping checks made no speed increases either (at least on the p3).

Does it help for ppc?  If not, then let's just keep it to float->int to
be more consistent :)

jack.