[vorbis-dev] Mac Ogg Vorbis Player

Slava Karpenko slava at home.ru
Wed Oct 11 13:45:23 PDT 2000

Dear David Riley,

>See, here's the problem.  I use StandardGetFile, which returns a reply
>that I can really only use to get a file descriptor.  It doesn't return
>a pathname, though it returns volume ID's and such that I can use for
>the standard Mac file routines.  If Codewarrior had fdopen(), this would
>be great, but for now I'm using the equivalent of open().  Will that not
>work?  It plays the sound well enough when it doesn't clip.  Also, is
>there any Mac Toolbox equivalent to fopen() that I could use with an
>FSSpec instead of a pathname?

     Metrowerks' MSL has a function called FSp_fopen -- it's available in
a file with same name (+.c/.h) inside MSL C library. It does exactly the
same as fopen but accepts FSSpec instead of char* with file path, so
you'll be able to open what StdGetFile returns you. =)

Sincerely,
Slava Karpenko
Unsanity, LLC

 Email: slava at unsanity.com
 Phone: +7812 9360841 [Russia]
   Fax: +7812 3070918 [Russia]
   WWW: http://www.unsanity.com/

---
Unsanity - Unsane tools for insane people