[vorbis-dev] Macintosh support (again)

Jack Moffitt jack at icecast.org
Fri Oct 6 00:41:53 PDT 2000

> *I* knew this.  I brought this issue up as soon as the change was
> made.  However, most developers won't skim the mailing list.  They'll
> just say "Oh, the build is broken, screw it."

Most people will be getting mainline right now, and this isn't a problem
there afaik.  postbeta2 has issues, but that's the way a branch is
supposed to be :)

Mac developers should be happy now.  I'll get to the win32 ones, and
once that's done, i'll even document the build process.  There's only so
much time in the day folks :)

> In case you didn't know, I was the one who did this for MacOS.

Are you ever going to write a little GUI encoder and/or a small player
app?  We get LOTS of requests for vorbis on the mac.

> I still *strongly* recommend the approach I suggest in my previous
> mail.  It will Just Work on all platforms without weird tricks and
> without requiring additional steps in the build process for some
> platforms.

Not to mention your approach was clean, adding a small extra file.  It's
commited, so lets get back to our normal complaints about tuning instead
of picking on the build :)

jack.