[vorbis-dev] Macintosh support (again)

Jack Moffitt jack at icecast.org
Fri Oct 6 00:35:26 PDT 2000

> In order to compile the latest Vorbis library on the Macintosh, the
> change appended to this message needs to be made to os_types.h.in.
> Then, anyone who wants to actually build it must first copy
> os_types.h.in to os_types.h by hand, since MacOS does not include a
> command line and thus cannot run configure.

Ok, let's start using the correct names for things, as it took me a
while to figure out what the hell this was all about.  os_types.h isn't
in vorbis.  It's in ogg.

> It really bugs me that the whole "platforms which don't support
> configure scripts require multiple undocumented stages to build"
> issue hasn't been addressed yet.

It was addressed.  These are new changes, and we're going around
cleaning up the stuff we missed.  Since I don't personally have a mac to
build this stuff on, I'm goin to wait until you guys point stuff out
until I fix something :)  Same goes for BeOS.  I do however have win32
around, and I will get around to making those build probelsm go away
with correct project files etc.

> 1. Rename os_types.h.in to os_types.h.
>
> 2. Move the one minor portion that's munged by configure into a new
> file, config_types.h.in.
>
> 3. Put '#include "config_types.h"' in place of the configure-munged
> stuff in os_types.h.
>
> 4. Then do whatever needs to be done (if anything) to make configure
> munge config_types.h.in instead of os_types.h.in.

This was fairly elegant, and has been done and committed.  Thanks for
the patch at the bottom, I included it in a slightly different place,
but it should have the same effect.

jack.