[vorbis-dev] ogg stream-id options

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Mon Nov 20 03:13:34 PST 2000

>Duh to me for overlooking that... However, we still need a format
>specifier - either a "jpg:" or "cover.jpg:" just before the binary data,
>or perhaps jpeg's mime type (can't remember it). I think we can all
>agree that saying that all images are a specific type is bad.

I agree. I was mostly just saying that uu-encoding would be added size and
complexity which is unneeded.

Note that the comment header is designed solely for small comments - as a
test sort of thing, this is fine, but don't encourage use of it. That's one
of the things the metadata stream will be designed to do - whether it's XML
or not.

Michael