[vorbis-dev] ao hard codes -ldl in configure tests

Timothy J. Wood tjw at omnigroup.com
Sat Nov 18 19:45:30 PST 2000

>Given that the
>chances of ogg123 working on OS X are slim anyway (it doesn't even build on
>solaris, which is far closer to linux than OS X is), you might not want to
>bother with this at all.

  I had it working before, but none of my patches (or the other guy that was working on this) got committed.  Unless something major has changed, getting ogg123 to work shouldn't be that hard.  The 'hard' part is getting libao to deal with the CoreAudio framework.  The really hard part is getting libtool and friends to work right on Darwin/Mac OS X, but this should pay off in the future :)

  Hopefully I'll have some patches in the not too distant future.

-tim