[vorbis-dev] ogg stream-id options

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Mon Nov 20 02:53:34 PST 2000

>I think I might, for testing purposes, implement uuencoding (any
>better alternatives?) and libjpeg in the Winamp plugin. Then we can
>see how it would work in action.
>Perhaps using something on the lines of
>"coverart=mycover.jpg:uu:(encoded data follows)"
>
>I for one wouldn't want to have to parse XML :)

Don't. The vorbis comment specification specifically says that the data is
8-bit clean. If you actually WANT binary data in there, it's permitted, and
should work. I added appropriate stuff a few months back so that the data
lengths are exposed through the API, so everything you need is available,
though it's somewhat clumsy.

coverart=binarydatahere should work. On the other hand, you may (I could
check, but can't be bothered right now) have to circumvent the comment
adding API to actually enter the data. Libvorbis handles it correctly for
the most part, but you'll have to make the changes to the vorbis_comment
structure directly, since the API assumes null-terminated strings. That's
ok, since vorbis_comment is actually meant to be exposed.

Michael