[vorbis-dev] ogg stream-id options

Simon Vilmer Pedersen simon at paamand.dk
Mon Nov 20 02:43:09 PST 2000

On 20 Nov 2000, at 21:34, Michael Smith wrote:

> >;) Also what about "binary data" in the TOC (somebody
mentioned for
> >example that Real JukeBox has the ability to embed images in
an MP3 file
> >header (or something like that)). It is an interesting idea
(attaching a
> >still image for the artist name for example) - although if that
> >capability is not there, I think people can live without it ;)
> Binary data is also easily handled by XML - although it makes it
messy and
> no longer human readable, obviously. That's what CDATA
sections are for
> (the main part of XML documents is PCDATA - Parsed Character
Data, you can
> also specify a section of the document to be unparsed - CDATA -
which you
> can then pass through to something else as-is).

I think I might, for testing purposes, implement uuencoding (any
better alternatives?) and libjpeg in the Winamp plugin. Then we can
see how it would work in action.
Perhaps using something on the lines of
"coverart=mycover.jpg:uu:(encoded data follows)"

I for one wouldn't want to have to parse XML :)

Simon Vilmer Pedersen