[vorbis-dev] recent Vorbis, sound quality problems

Segher Boessenkool segher at wanadoo.nl
Thu Nov 16 06:51:36 PST 2000

Hello all,

I'm having some problems with the sound quality of recent Vorbis.
There is some kind of metallic echo/tremolo effect in the lower
frequencies. This is on my iMac; haven't seen this problem on x86.
If you need a sample, I can put one up somewhere, or mail it to
someone with a good ftp server, preferably.

It could be caused by the iMac sound system doing surround sound,
(Dolby Spatializer or something); I don't know if/how it can be
turned off.

Ciao,

Segher