[vorbis-dev] some (basic?) development questions...

Michael Plump plumpy at skylab.org
Tue May 16 03:51:09 PDT 2000

To follow up my own post....  I just read:
http://www.xiph.org/ogg/vorbis/doc/framing.html
which I missed somehow...

Would it perhaps be wiser to do my own framing of pages and packets?  I
guess if I did raw reads and re-framed the first few pages myself (i.e.
re-framed all the pages containing header info), I could do in-place
comment editing of sorts.

Is that a wise decision, or is it discouraged?  Certainly I'm more prone
to screw up than the lib, but the framing format seems pretty set-in-stone
at this point, so it hopefully wouldn't be too big of a deal?

(Just got your post, Monty... I somehow missed the bitstream framing doc,
but I'd pretty much figured out how it worked from playing around...
These exact details sure clear things up, though :)  I'll reply with the
problems I'm having in a bit...  thanks...)