[vorbis-dev] ov_read bugfix (fwd)

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Mon May 15 15:09:23 PDT 2000

Folks:

Granted, this slipped past my review too, but do *not* submit patches that
have not been tested.  This bug was a no brainer; running the code only even
once would have found it.

The mainline of Vorbis is our face to the world.  A simple mistake like this
costs us credibility when we're already going to be fighting hard against some
of the most powerful media organizations in the world.  We're in generally
excellent shape on the code quality front-- I want us to stay that way.

I'm not pointing any fingers: I just want all of us to be properly careful.
Testing new code is not suggested, it's required.

Monty

------- Begin Forwarded Message
[...]