[vorbis-dev] Re: [vorbis] Problems running example encoder/decoder

Daniel Phillips phillips at bonn-fries.net
Thu May 11 18:28:24 PDT 2000

On Thu, 11 May 2000, you wrote:
> >It looks like a bug in decoder_example. I'll try and track it down tomorrow
> >afternoon if nobody else has fixed it by that point.
>
> Of course, having said this I decided to take a quick look at it before
> going off to sleep. Turned out to be a trivial fix (it seems right to me,
> anyway - and appears to have the desired effect).
>
> Line 160, decoder_example.c - change it to this:
>       if(bytes==0 && i<2){

OK, now my test runs - and I'm on to checking what it does with real sound
samples.

What I would like,for convenience in testing, is a program like sox, but
reads a file in whatever sound format (like sox does) and produces a stream of
raw samples in the bitness/signedness/stereoness of your choice.  Is there any
such utility?

--
Daniel