[vorbis-dev] Re: [vorbis] Problems running example encoder/decoder

David Terrell dbt at meat.net
Thu May 11 01:39:30 PDT 2000

On Thu, May 11, 2000 at 10:38:11AM +0200, Daniel Phillips wrote:
> > The linus.wav you sent was some odd non-PCM wav.  No util I pointed at it could
> > read it.
>
> I made it using sox, from a .au file.  Yes, I agree that most utilities think
> it's a strange file.  Still, it should compress.

dbt at pianosa:~>file linus.wav
linus.wav: Microsoft RIFF, WAVE audio data, 8 bit, mono 8000 Hz

the sample encoder simply assumes the input is 44.1Khz 16 bit stereo.

--
David Terrell            | "the only part about medicinal marijuana that
Prime Minister, Nebcorp  | bothers me is that, when I started chemo, all of