[vorbis-dev] gack!

Daniel Phillips phillips at bonn-fries.net
Mon Jun 26 05:11:19 PDT 2000

I was just looking back through the vorbis archive and noticed this:

On Fri, 12 May 2000, Daniel Phillips wrote:
> Anyhow, you can call me a happy customer, thanks everybody for all the help.  By
> the way, this is a really kiss-ass project, did anyone ever tell you that?  Yes,
> thought so...

Ah..... that was a ***typo***.  I meant kick-ass.  Yesssss.

Two years ago I recall a few lonely voices pointing out the non-freeness of mp3
and a lot of "so whats".  Now that the patent owner has come out of the closet
with demands for *significant* licencing fees you, Monty, and others are
instantly elevated to the status of visionary.  How convenient that ogg should
be ready to go live just when the licence fees kick in.

I'm setting up my ogg-caster right now :-)

--
Daniel