[vorbis-dev] Bitrate scaling and forward adaptive ?

Adam Spragg adam_spragg at novaclarion.com
Tue Jun 20 07:22:13 PDT 2000

David Balazic wrote:

> I read this in the FAQ ( at www.vorbis.com, did everyone make shelters
> for the slashdot effect ? The Vorbis beta release is not posted yet,
> but is a matter of <some-time-unit>s :-)

Heh heh. Although I don't think that will be too much of a problem. They
ran a story only a few days ago on it. I don't think they'll do another one
quite so soon, especially as it was mentioned frequently in the comments on
_that_ story that yes, we've had _another_ story on Vorbis not too long
before that, and we _are_ keeping up with the development.

Maybe it'll get a mention in this weekend's slashback, but I reckon that'll
be about it.

> Also some notes on the vorbis.com site. The fact , that this is a beta
> release is not emphasized enough in my opinion. Second the site says
> the GPL is GNU Public License , while in reality it is General Public
> License , fix it before RMS jumps on you :-)

or, if you'd prefer, the GNU GPL. :)

(note to self - why not the FSF GPL?)

--
grep "caffeine" < coke >> /dev/brain