[vorbis-dev] Compile error

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Tue Jun 20 00:14:16 PDT 2000

At 10:44 PM 6/19/00 -0700, you wrote:
>kewl. VC++6.0... too bad I only have 5.0. I'll rectify that tomorrow.

It builds perfectly with version 5.0 - that's what I use for my
semi-official builds.
There aren't any project files in CVS for version 5, but it's not hard to
figure out what to do.

>Are there any plans for a Win32 DLL?

I haven't heard of anyone working on this (and I don't particularly intend
to - I have no wish to familiarise myself with any more windowsisms than I
must ;), but it would probably be a useful addition.

>I'll tinker with the source a little... if it works well, I'll start
>tinkerin' with a DLL interface.

It all works very nicely - so building the DLL interface shouldn't be hard
if you know how to build DLLs in general, I suspect.

>Does anyone know where I can get EXEs of the Winamp plugin and the
>command-line encoder to familiarize myself with the encoder/decoder?

I've put builds from yesterday up here (encoder and winamp plugin):
http://www.labyrinth.net.au/~msmith/vorbis-19-06-2000-win32binaries.zip

Michael