[vorbis-dev] The Oft Maligned comment field, initial thoughts.

Gregory Maxwell greg at linuxpower.cx
Sat Jun 17 14:22:21 PDT 2000

On Sat, 17 Jun 2000, Ralph Giles wrote:

> Is the ISBN that barcode on the back of most cds? Does it include the

Yes.

> small numbers at the beginning and end? And what do we do about cd's

I think so.

> without a number? (a quick look at my collection suggests that most
> free/magazine samples and small label issues don't, not to mention
> unpublished demos and mixes) I guess the advantage of CDDBID is that every
> disc has one, and the advantage of the ISBN is that it's unique. :)
[snip]

My GLF has a ton of Anime CDs and a large population of them lacks ISBN
numbers. My only suggestion would be to list it when it's there and omit
it when it's not. CDDBID should still be included as it's useful to link
to other databases (freecddb etc) even when you already have an ISBN
number.