[vorbis-dev] Vorbize Multiple Files

Ralph Giles giles at snow.ashlu.bc.ca
Fri Jun 23 10:46:51 PDT 2000

On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Kenneth C. Arnold wrote:

> > You mentioned libao as a possibility.  Did you ever find a website that
> > offered it for download?  I can't find it on freshmeat or google.
>
> search google for "libao sound". It's pretty well hidden, but it's in the
> AFsp package.

You mean:

http://www.tnt.uni-hannover.de/plain/soft/audio/packages/afsp/AFsp.html

?

What I originally suggested was the libao that's part of the Aaron
Holtzmann's ac3 decoder. It does a simple sound driver abstraction and
currently has output support for linux/bsd OSS, irix, solaris, null and
uncompressed .wav file output.

I don't think it particularly handles buffering, though. The next level up
needs control of that anyway, to maintain sync.

http://linuxvideo.org/developer/viewcvs.cgi/ac3dec/libao/

> You might want to look into other packages, though.

Of course. It was just a suggestion, mostly because it already has output
code for a number of popular *nix systems, and it's easy to add others.

 -ralph

giles at ashlu.bc.ca