[vorbis-dev] Tag format comments from a newbie

Ralph Giles giles at snow.ashlu.bc.ca
Thu Jun 22 12:01:40 PDT 2000

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, Earl Brown wrote:

> First, a summary:
> We have two places to put information about the song I'm listening to;
> the metadata stream and the comment header.

You might want to read the list archives and the actual comment spec from
cvs (could this please be added to the website?) Much of what you say is
either already addressed by the current comment header documentation, or
has been argued on the list by others.

But in short, I think the vorbis comment header does what you want it to.
The details of metadata stream haven't been settled on.

 -ralph

P.S. Wouldn't vorbis@ be a more appropriate list for this?