libvorbis and gcc 2.95.2 + Re: [vorbis-dev] .ogg extension what the?

R.L. Horn rlhorn at mailroom.com
Wed Jun 21 22:33:13 PDT 2000

On Wed, 21 Jun 2000, Rage O Matic wrote:

>> Isn't it about time you got away from the .3 extension
>> too?
>
> a 3 letter extension makes sense.

In addition, an 8+3 format is required for strict ISO-9660 (CD-ROM)
compatibility (actually ISO-9660 supports 32-character filenames, but
apparently not all devices can handle them).

* * *

Now, the real topic:  Has anyone successfully compiled libvorbis using gcc
2.95.2?  I got serious clipping and other assorted junk from the example
decoder when I tried.  It would appear that there's some kind of serious
math problem (I'm still using glibc 2.0, which might not help either).

Sorry I can't provide more details, but I've just had to restore much
of my /usr filesystem from backups after a spectacularly unsuccessful
attempt to install glibc 2.1.2.  The compiler was lost (fortunately
nothing else) and I'm not eager to fool with it again any time soon.