[vorbis-dev] Win32 DLL

John Selbie jselbie at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 20 13:23:20 PDT 2000

On a related note.  Is there any interest in development of a Win32 ACM
(Audio Compression Manager) DLL or DirectShow filter for the Vorbis codec?
The work consists of compiling the code as a DLL and exposing a DriverProc
function (ACM) or a set of COM interfaces (DShow).

DShow filters (.ax files) plug into Windows Media Player and other apps.
While the filter code interface is somewhat complex, DShow client apps such
as WMP can integrate new file formats very easily with the addition of a new
filter dll.

ACM DLLs expose a simpler interface, usually suitable for frame based
codecs, and are used in numerous apps that use audio compression.

I'd be interested in signing up to do this work.  Any interest here?

jSelbie