[vorbis-dev] The Oft Maligned comment field, initial thoughts.

David Terrell dbt at meat.net
Sat Jun 17 13:27:15 PDT 2000

On Sat, Jun 17, 2000 at 01:22:57PM -0700, Ralph Giles wrote:
> If I'm encoding from CD, I do want CDDBID and TRACKNUMBER fields, but
> perhaps they're insufficiently general to deserve mention in the formal
> documentation. Maybe wait and see what extensions become commonly
> accepted?

I'd rather see ISBN used as a standard identifier of "what CD this track
came from" since it's well, standard.  TRACKNUM or whatever would also
be nice.

Did the final spec ever pop up?

--
David Terrell   | "To increase the hype, I'm gonna release a bunch
Nebcorp PM      | of BLT variants (NetBLT, FreeBLT, BLT386, etc)