[vorbis-dev] Performance question.

Kovacs kovacs at mt.lv
Thu Jul 6 02:40:03 PDT 2000

Well, mp3 can be played on 486... When i had p233mmx and even p120 i
hadn't any problems with mp3. But when now i tried to play ogg files on
Cyrix166+(133Mhz) i had problems but on the same computers winamp plays
mp3 files without problems. Also i tried to play ogg files on p2-460 and
it was consuming ~25% of cpu, but mp3 ~8%....

btw. all this was happening on Win9x computers.

        Kovacs