[vorbis-dev] Vorbis On Macintosh

Bob Bradley bob at chaoticsoftware.com
Sun Jul 30 12:25:52 PDT 2000

>I doubt that  their has been any development work on bringing vorbis to
>the Mac. I am trying to do just that.
>
>    I want to know whether  you think I should try to port it using the
>various components tht are being used to bring vorbis to Be and others
>OR if i should wait till September when the public beta of Mac Os X (
>which is based on Unix). I have been told that unix stuff will be fairly
>easy to port to X, especially BSD stuff. i was hoping the public beta
>would be out by now so I could star development right away.

What I would do is implement Vorbis as QuickTime components. This would
allow any QuickTime-based application to get Vorbis support for free. You
could easily make a Windows version as well since QuickTime is fully
supported on Windows.

BTW...You may want to check the archives for this mailing list. I believe
somebody has ported Vorbis to the Mac.