[vorbis-dev] libao strikes again :)

volsung at asu.edu volsung at asu.edu
Sun Jul 30 07:26:00 PDT 2000

> Its just that IMHO libao's configure script shouldn't be called as
> part of the main configure routine because its not cross platform
> and not part of the the main build.

It is clumsy the way it is called.  I would like some way to call it only if
the vorbis-tools are going to be built.

Would it make sense to add a --build-tools option to the main configure script
that would set the Makefile (which currently does not build the vorbis-tools
dir by default) and call the libao configure script?  On the flip side, it's
annoying to have to type "./configure -build-tools" every time.

Do any autoconf guru's know an easy way to fix this?

---
Stan Seibert