[vorbis-dev] From Windows to Linux Developerment... HOW TO?

Aaron King islandblend at home.com
Fri Jul 28 22:42:30 PDT 2000

> Is there anything for those of us stuck (pretty much) in Windows?
> I've got BeOS too, but I'm not sure if I have a compiler.
> dooh!

I am actually also a Windows guy. By default I have to be because I work for
a MicroSoft Client/Server company so I have to put in my hours on a MS
Windows Box.  Good news is I am the only, somewhat, linux savy person there
and we are soon to add some UNIX type customers to our clientele.

I do use linux about 1/3 of the time when I'm on my machine at home but my
problems with getting everything configured properly have slowed the process
considerably.

I want to help out with code but I'm not sure how to get involved in it.  I
have been programming in C++ for about 3 years now and have some
considerable knowledge but I have never done any development (as far as C++
goes) for the Linux platform.

Can anyone help me get started?

Aaron King
Troy, Michigan